2009年6月19日金曜日

Week 10

Site:

CNN Learning Resourses



Topics:

Earthquake Science

(From a news story byCNN San Francisco Reporter Rusty Dornin)

Dreams of New Ways To fly



Key words learned:

demolished=destroyed,torn down=崩壊

seismic recorders =a device to measure movement in the Earth=地震計(?)

explosive= able or likly to explode=爆発しやすい;一触即発の

shock waves=a force moving through solid, liquid, or gas=衝撃波

nisqually= ?

magnitude=a measurable size or force=マグニチュード

destined=very likely to happen=運命づけられた

geologists=scientists who study the Earth’s crust=地質学者

aftershock=a small earthquake that happens after a larger one=余震

(↑from"Earth Science")

throttle= to kill or injure someone by holding their throat very tightly=のどを締める;圧迫する



Rating of the site: B



Comments: Bit too difficult. Maybe it's too early for me to study with site.Time spent in one topic were longer then thoses in week8 & week9.there were words I didn't understand and which I also couldn't find in my dictionary. I've put them in the "Key Words" to make sure I won't forget them.



Time spent doing activity: 70min.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿